Monday 6 September 2010

Nightmare start for the systems

When you've worked on something for so long, you really can't wait for the day to come when the systems go live and you sit back and watch the money roll in on a week by week basis.

I don't care to share the number of hours of work that has gone into producing the my own ratings and formulating systems over the summer but let's just say I've spent a long time on this project this year in my spare time!

I was looking forward to Saturday immensely as the day had finally arrived when I had my first system bets this season and I was like a kid on Christmas Day on Saturday. Although I'd staked more the previous weekend, I didn't have the same confidence I had on Saturday in the bets as after all, these bets were generated from systems that had produced over 900 points profit in nearly 5,000 games, surely they would start well this season?

Well, I spent the half an hour after the games finished looking back to check what the record was on the first day of each of the past 4 seasons! It was a shocking start. :(

One of the great things for me this season is that I have an abundance of data to work with on the backfitted systems. I can look back at anything really to check how things performed in the past and therefore, when I get little blips like Saturday, I'll hopefully be able to keep my mindset correct by checking what happened in the past.

Interestingly, on the first day of the season that the system produces bet, the system bets (all systems combined) have NEVER created a profit.

It's easy with hindsight to look at this sort of thing and think I should have noticed it before but I didn't really care about what happens to the systems on a day to day basis. Even after Saturday, I'm not really worried about what happens on a day to day basis as there is a long way to go this season! Another 1,000+ games and bets to go I think.

Just for the record, the second weekend of bets have produced a profit every season and the profit is double the loss in the first week overall, so I'm looking forward to Saturday!

Overall then, a loss for my betting this weekend and a lot of red cells on my results table this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment