Wednesday 27 July 2011

Review of The Football Analyst

I've noticed that Mat Hare has posted an independant review of my systems from last season on his excellent blog.

http://drownintheriver.wordpress.com/2011/07/27/the-football-analyst-analysed/

It's great to have another person look at the systems as it gives me some more confidence around what I'm doing although admittedly, many of Mat's conclusions are the same as mines on here.

How much weight do you put on the run experienced by the systems in February and April last season?

I'm not sure I can answer that but all I know is that before February came along, I thought I was onto something pretty special here, something that you maybe wait a lifetime to come across. Unfortunately, 3 months later, I was doubting whether my systems even had an edge to tell the truth.

Depending on whether you are an optimist or not, you can look at that as a blip or a start of a trend.

Before Feb-11, the systems had experienced 18 winning months during backtesting and live results, with an average profit of 48pts and an overall ROI of 20%. It was the best run ever experienced by the systems and thankfully, I caught the first 5 months last season which averaged 60pts profit and in excess of 20% ROI.

So, we had the best run ever followed by the worst run ever.

What will happen next season?

2 comments:

  1. Hello Graeme,

    Is there the option to purchase your system subscriptions for next season yet?

    Thanks,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt.

    Yeah, I've got a small number of guys (13 to be exact) who will be following the system selections next season before they appear on the blog for a small fee. If you are interested in this, drop me an email at graemedand@hotmail.co.uk and I'll get back to you with details mate. I don't envisage too many more members as it will be a pretty exclusive club.

    I won't be advertising this 'service' on the blog (well, apart from answering this comment!) as I want the blog to remain impartial and purely for free system selections and results analysis.

    Hope this makes sense.

    Graeme

    ReplyDelete