Monday 17 January 2011

Great Weekend!

I tend to like updating this place quickly after a good weekend! Saturday will live long in the memory this season although I didn't actually see much of the action unfold as I was out the house on Saturday afternoon. I said on Friday that I had 4 games that would make or break my weekend and 3 of these games took place on Saturday afternoon.

Thankfully for me, Oldham and Carlisle won fairly easily on the day and it was left to West Brom to make it a treble on the day. Thankfully, after being pegged back to 2-2 late on, they managed to sneak a winner in the last 5 minutes and hold on for the victory.

Even more exciting for me was the fact I had these 3 with Stoke and Chelsea in the system 16 multiple bet Amazingly, after being 150pts down about 8 weeks ago, system 16 is now making a profit of 140pts! That's some turn around in a short space of time but it has had 4 correct from 5 twice and Saturday was 5 from 5. Amazing run by the system but not totally surprised given the historical results the system has had. The biggest surprise is the fact that it hit a historical worst run when I started following it but that tends to be the way at times!

The remaining systems also had a good day on Saturday and come Sunday, I was waiting on Aston Villa to make it a dream weekend. I thought they played very well and on another day, they would have won possibly but it wasn't to be.

Overall then, a profit on the weekend bets which is one of the best weekend's of the season for me. Still a long way to go and given the way the season has went, I could still lose overall I reckon but I'd happily settle for a period of consolidation now after this start to 2011. Not sure it will happen though!

Just a quick word on system 16. Going forward, this system will now only play trebles, 4 folds and a 5 fold. I've been wanting to change this for a wee while but didn't want to do it until the system had reached a new peak as I didn't want anyone to think I was changing it to make it better or to stop losses. I see this change as a way to increase profits and hopefully increase the ROI although it will add a little bit of risk to my portfolio.

In the meantime, I'll be back with any midweek bets I have later tonight hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment