Saturday 29 January 2011

Should have been better......

Another day, another loss but I feel slightly aggrieved to have suffered a loss today.

I was in the house today and was therefore able to watch the scores come in as they happened. At half time today, on one multiple bet, I had 3 winning and 2 teams drawing 0-0 at half time. In addition, the two teams drawing were Norwich and QPR and both appeared to have the better of the first half, so I was hopeful one or both may score and I could be looking at a big pay day again.

As the second half went on, there weren’t a lot of goals affecting my games but it soon became clear that Southend, Oldham and Kilmarnock were going to be the three big games this weekend. All 3 were at least a goal up and once Southend went 2-0 up along with Oldham, I was feeling pretty good about things.

Kilmarnock were then pegged back to 1-1 in the final 10 minutes and Oldham had already conceded to make it 2-1 in that game. At the time reached 4.45, it was a simple case of waiting for the Oldham result to come in. As luck would have it, I was watching Final Score on the BBC and then I heard the dreaded words “there’s a penalty kick deep in injury time at Brunton Park”. I already knew what was coming next…..

The BBC reporter said before the penalty was taken that it was a debatable foul and even if it was a foul, it was outside the box. I just shook my head and waited for Carlisle to score the penalty. 2-2 and that’s that.

I had a decent bet on them at 5/2 to win, so it was a fairly big swing. I also had Kilmarnock at 13/8 and these two alone were massive swings against me this weekend. That’s not taking into account the multiple bets etc.

As it turned out, due to Southend winning and Walsall winning, damage was kept to a minimum this weekend but it could have been much better I guess.

At one stage this afternoon, I could have been looking at a large win on a multiple bet, so it’s part of the game with these low strike rate bets.

There is a busy midweek card this week, so I’ll be back on Monday with any bets I place.

No comments:

Post a Comment