Thursday 6 January 2011

The journey continues....

Finally managed to get my results up to date for what has happened over the second part of the Festive period.

After a good end to last year, this year has started in great fashion. Much of the profit comes from the multiple bets on New Year’s day. They have been due a good day after a bad start when I started following with money but thankfully, I'm in profit now!

In terms of what has happened recently, New Year’s day was a magnificent day with a profit of 17pts on the single systems as well as the good day on the multiples. The 2nd and the 3rd was basically break-even for me.

The 4th was another good night as I had backed Plymouth with a decent stake and if I’m honest, at half time and 2-0 down, I sort of gave up on them winning that game. I was watching something on TV (can’t remember what!) and was flicking back to Sky Sports News to check the scores and also checking how West Brom were doing at Fulham on Sky Sports. I saw the Fulham goal just before half time and at that point in time, I was looking at a hefty loss on the evening with both these teams losing.

The next time I checked on Sky Sports, Fulham were 2-0 up and I had resigned myself to a large loss on the evening and I didn’t even check the score in the other game if I’m honest.

At 9.20 or thereabouts, I flicked it across onto Sky Sports News and saw it was 2-2 in the Plymouth game. I was just about to flick back when it announced there had been a goal and I jumped off the settee in anticipation. A little mad run around the living room ensued before I sat down and finished watching my program with my other half. Anyway, I got a text from a mate in the TFA forum (who had backed Plymouth) as soon as the game was finished and I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing they had turned the game around. A great result.

A small loss was made last night which was mainly as a result of me booking the multiple loss on the evening.

I’m very proud of the fact I didn’t give up on this blog (and also on my footie systems) when things were going very bad in November. If this journey has taught me anything thus far, it is that when things are going badly, as long as you believe in what you are doing, then don’t give up on it. By tweaking my staking and playing more on the systems I believe in, I’ve managed to keep my P&L on an upward trijectory which is important for me this season.

Anyway, that’s about as deep thinking as I’ve written on this blog thus far but enough of that. A long way to go before I get anywhere near to believing these systems might actually make me money long-term but I'm closer to that stage than ever before I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment