Wednesday 24 August 2011

Last of the trial bets this weekend.....

Well, it feels like it’s been a long summer but the first system bets will be next Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing how this season pans out and fingers crossed it is profitable for everyone following.

Before we get to the real stuff next week though, the last of the bets from this little trial I’ve been running. There would have been 62 system bets if this weekend was the first real weekend but as you know, 6 games haven’t been played in leagues yet, so that’s a big if!

Below are the bets for this weekend.



Again, I don’t want to be sharing what bets appear on each system as people would jump the gun and start following their chosen systems, so best that this remains a private trial and we’ll start from next week when we get the first system bets. Just to be clear, none of these results so far will ever be included in my results tracking as they don’t count for real.

Looking at this weekend’s system bets, Burnley would be the 3rd maximum bet so far this season. The first two have won so far, so we’ll see if Burnley can keep the run going..........

4 comments:

  1. Hello just a query,

    can you confirm what dnb means and how does it affect the picks ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Average Guy.

    DNB stands for Draw No Bet. In other words, Asian Handicap 0. If the game is a draw, your stake is returned to you.

    In terms of what it means on this blog, I have 3 rating algorithms. The first 2 algorithms select value bets to win and the 3rd algorithm is based on value DNB bets. Therefore, for these fun bets, when it says DNB value against the team, it means it has been picked on system 31 (my 3rd rating algorithm). Of course, the teams must have also appeared on another system too as I'm only using the first two rating algorithms to derive these bets at the moment.

    When the real system bets start from next weekend, it will be a lot easier to follow what's going on with the blog and the bets and results in general. I'm only really playing about at the moment to see how the systems do when I've rolled over the data from last season and adjusted for games this season. I've not actually had a bet on any game this season yet and that was my advice to everyone who reads the blog or follows the bets.

    Hope this makes sense.

    If not, just let me know and I'll try to explain further.

    Graeme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Graeme
    I sent you a message a few days ago reference blog link swap.
    I've placed your link here:
    http://thebetplan.com/blog
    Under 'good other blogs / sites.'

    If you can let me know in the next couple of days if you're happy with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    All the Best
    Harry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Harry, I saw your post the other day but deleted it as I thought it was a usual spammer asking for a link on my blog. I get a lot of requests from guys trying to sell rubbish to my readers.

    I've added a link to your blog.

    Graeme

    ReplyDelete