Monday 11 April 2011

Weekend Update

Before I get on with the results, a quick comment re. a few anonymous comments this weekend.

I've had a couple of anonymous comments from morons over the weekend who clearly can't count up if a system makes a profit or a loss as they appeared to be suggesting it had been another shocking weekend on the footie. I don' mind people posting rubbish if it's been a bad weekend but when the systems make a profit on the weekend, please give them a break!

Another weekend on the footie and yet again, I'm left scratching my head about what exactly is going on with the footie.

The bare facts are 17 games, 9 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses. Resulted in a profit of 3.6pts if backing each game or a return on investment of 21%. The systems took these 17 games and turned it into a profit of 8pts from 58 games. ROI was 13.8%.

As I've been saying recently, I'm tracking A(0) and A(0.5) for my bets also. For those who prefer the more traditional terminology, it's DNB (Draw No Bet) and Double Chance (Win/Draw or +0.5 handicap)

The DNB produced a profit of 3.4pts for an ROI of 20% from the 17 games and DC was a profit of 2.5pts (14.7% ROI).

Interestingly, when you look at how DNB and DC did across all systems, the systems turned the profits from the 17 games into losses. DNB made a loss of 1pt from the 58 games and DC made a loss of 8.5pts across the systems!

Quite frightening the damage the systems caused at the weekend but again, it was caused by a few well picked teams losing. Yeovil as I said on Thursday were picked by every system and they lost away at Hartlepool. Bournemouth were also well fancied and they got turned over at home. Hence, when two of the most picked teams lose, then it is going to suppress the returns of the systems massively.

This is again reflected in the multiple bet systems where they all suffered losses (as usual!) and continue on a massive downward spiral.

It's hard to know what is going on at the moment with the football. All of the systems are really struggling since Christmas and as the season starts drawing to a close, I can't see it getting much easier.

We've discussed the seasonality that comes with football betting in the TFA forum a few times (mostly to do with other tipsters who appear to struggle after Christmas) and I'm afraid that these systems might well get labelled with the same accusation. It's hard to understand why they've not performed over the last few months but I'll look into this more during the Summer.

I've got two comments to answer from weekend posts but unfortunately, I deleted the comments as they were in amongst anonymous comments and I accidentally ticked them all to be deleted. One was asking for the returns of backing every team that appears as value and another one was asking for the pts profit by for each system by calendar month this season. I did mean to publish them but when the comments are anonymous, I tend to delete them more often that not!

I'll answer both of these later today hopefully as it won't take me long.

No comments:

Post a Comment