Sunday 13 March 2011

Lost In Translation

Well, I’ll start with the positives from yesterday. My ratings found 14 value bets in total from the reduced fixture list. Thankfully, only 3 games finished a draw and therefore, as you would expect (see my post from last week!), the ratings made a good profit with an overall profit of 6.83pts from 14 bets. This is much in line with what tends to happen when you hit lower draws than the ‘norm’.

Unfortunately, this didn’t translate into a great weekend for the systems as when it came to narrowing the bets down, it didn’t exactly go to plan!

Overall though, the single systems made a profit of around 9pts in total. This was quite variable by system with the most interesting of which was system 22 and system 23.

System 22 had 7 bets and found 3 winners and 4 losers. System 23 takes these 7 bets and picks out the best bets (which is has done very successfully all season!). Not this time though….

4 bets on system 23, 4 losers. Unbelievable really but these things happen now and again.

Thankfully, many of the systems relied on the 4 bets I mentioned on Thursday and we hit 2 winners, a draw and one loser in here. The winner was Brentford who won with an 89th minute goal. Given the way it has been going for the past 6 weeks and the number of late goals that have gone against me for teams at decent prices, I’m not even going to say I was very lucky. I don’t even think this small bit of good fortune undoes the previous bad luck!

Anyway, it was an important goal as it ensured most of the systems made a small profit.

The multiple bets were again a mixed bunch with a couple making small profits and the rest suffering losses. I’ve not really made up my mind about these multiple bets yet and I sometimes wonder what they add to a portfolio apart from a high degree of variance! However, the returns can sometimes be very high as we’ve seen a few times already this season on here, so I’ll not draw any conclusions until the end of the season at the earliest.

Overall, a loss of nearly 30pts on the multiple bets. Remember, these systems are all staked to a much larger bank, so as a proxy, you can divide by 10 to compare the performance with the single bet systems. Hence, a 3pt loss for this weekend for example which isn't a disaster.

There are 21 games in midweek, so there are likely to be a few bets thrown up for these games. I’ll post these tomorrow once I’ve updated this weekend’s results.

No comments:

Post a Comment