Saturday 5 March 2011

Results This Season

Richard has left a comment this morning asking for the results for each system so far this season. I meant to say this on my last post but if anyone has any questions at all about the system results or want me to look at some sort of analysis, just post up a comment. I’m pretty efficient with Excel and I have every game for all systems analysed going back over 4 seasons, so I can usually look at the results any way I want very quickly.

Below are the results for this season and historical seasons for the single bet systems and multiple bet systems. I’ll always need to show these results separately as I have a different sheet for tracking each system and I don’t like to sum together the multiple bets with the single bets as they can’t really be compared.





I don’t want to draw any conclusions until the end of this season about which systems are underperforming or overperforming this season. This season is purely an experiment to see how the systems do and I haven’t even touched any of the parameter weightings in the model this season to try to improve things as I believe that any changes should only take place in the Summer each season. Hence, whatever I do this season can be improved upon next season I hope.

I also like to look at the performance of the systems by Home and Away selections as each season, these appear to behave quite differently in the systems. Some seasons, Homes appear to perform better but in other seasons, Aways are the best performers.



One thing that can be said is that I think it is easier to find value with Aways rather than Homes although I personally feel more comfortable backing Homes rather than Aways but that’s more of a personal thing.

Anyway, I hope that’s answered your question Richard? I hope as time goes on, people ask more questions on here and can hopefully start to understand these systems a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly what I was looking for.This blog is going to be good reading.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. No probs Rich. Yesterday wasn't a great day but it was only a small loss. I'll probably try to do a post each month with the season's results to date as well as doing my usual monthly post.

    If you want anything else analysed, just give me a shout.

    Graeme

    ReplyDelete