Sunday 13 May 2012

A fitting way to end the season......


As the title suggests, I think the systems deserved to end the season with a winning weekend. May-12 was always going to be a tricky month for the systems with so few number of games being played this month and after what happened to Rotherham last weekend, I sort of resigned myself to the fact that the winning monthly run was over for the systems.

When I was looking at the games on Wednesday evening, I was slightly annoyed that Inverness didn’t appear on system 6-8 as system 21 is usually pretty good at spotting a strong home bet but as you would imagine, it didn’t cross my mind to interfere with the system selections.  They know much more than me as I’ve said plenty of times!

I did a quick calculation though and figured that even though Everton were the only bet appearing on the combined systems, if Everton won and Inverness won, it would be enough to ensure the combined systems would achieve their 8th profitable month in a row and the established systems would also achieve another profitable month. Hence, that was the target this weekend.

It’s hard to describe how proud I am of the systems after the season they’ve just given me and everyone else following but they really pulled it out the bag again this weekend with these two bets.

Inverness were backed down from 2.15 to about 1.80 and Everton were backed down from 2.25 to 2.10.  I know money doesn’t always count for everything in betting but as the systems have shown over thousands of bets now, if you can continue backing at value prices, your ‘edge’ will shine through in the end. Thankfully, both teams didn’t let me down this weekend.

Both teams winning ensured yet another profitable month (monthly review to follow) and it’s a great feeling now the season has ended.

Here’s a roundup from this weekend.

Algorithm One had 2 bets, 1 winner and 1 draw.  A profit of 0.25pts for H/A betting and a profit of 0.64pts for AH0.

Algorithm Two had 2 bets, 2 winners. A profit of 2.4pts for H/A and a profit of 1.19pts for AH0.

Algorithm Three had 3 bets, 2 winners and 1 draw. A profit of 1.4pts for H/A betting and a profit of 1.19pts for AH0 betting.

A winning weekend for all 3 algorithms.

The established systems made a profit of 8.9pts for H/A betting and a profit of 5.04pts for AH0 betting.

The new systems made a profit of 12.45pts for H/A betting and a profit of 6.78pts for AH0 betting.

I can’t get across how relieved I am to end the season with a winning day as I’d have probably been annoyed all Summer if the last month of the season had been a losing month.

I’ll be back later with the monthly review.


No comments:

Post a Comment